The National College English Contest (NECCS) is the only comprehensive English competence contest for college students in the country. It is an important evaluation method and incentive mechanism for college English teaching. Registration for the National College English Contest in 2020 is about to begin. The relevant matters are notified as follows:
The competition is divided into four categories: A, B, C, and D. Class A is suitable for graduate students; Class B is suitable for English majors and college students; Category C is suitable for non-English majors; Category D is applicable to undergraduates and vocational students in sports and arts.
Competition time and form
(A) Preliminary round. April 19, 2020 (Sunday) 9: 00-11: 00 am held simultaneously throughout the country. The preliminary questions include written answers and listening. The listening of the preliminary questions is in the form of playing a recording.
(2) The finals. On May 17, 2019 (Sunday), the finals will be held at 9: 00-11: 00 in the national uniform time. The final venue will be announced separately.
Third, the scope of the proposition and the type of competition
(A) The scope of the proposition. The preliminary and final propositions will be based on documents such as "English Syllabus for Non-English Major Postgraduates", "English Syllabus for English Majors in Colleges and Universities", "University English Curriculum Requirements (Trial)", "Basic Requirements for English Curriculum Teaching in Higher Vocational Education" and other documents The latest test theories and proposition techniques and methods at home and abroad must not only refer to the current major college English textbooks, but also do not rely on any kind of textbooks; it must be close to the study and life of contemporary college students, and it must be conducive to detecting the participation of college students. Actual English level.
(B) the type of competition questions. Both the preliminary and final scores are 150 points (90 points for constructive response questions and 60 points for selected response questions), of which 30 are for listening. In order to familiarize the teachers and students with the questions and content of this competition, and get good results in the competition, the Office of the National Competition Organizing Committee will publish sample questions on the official website of the National College Student English Competition and the University English version from the date of the announcement of the competition , "English tutoring newspaper" on the university English version. The scope, type, amount, value arrangement, difficulty level, and level of propositions in the sample questions are basically the same as those of the official competition questions, for the reference of the participating teachers and students.
(1) There are four award levels in the four categories of the competition: special prize, first prize, second prize and third prize. 决赛产生特等奖和一等奖。 The preliminary competition will produce the finalists, second and third prizes; the final will produce the special prize and the first prize.
(2) Award certificate. The students who won the first prize and the first prize and their instructors (only one) will be awarded a certificate of honor and an honorary certificate by the National Organizing Committee of the Competition, and a certificate of merit will be issued to the school. The second and third prize students will be awarded by the country. The competition organizing committee issues a certificate of award. Individuals who have been awarded the Outstanding Organization Award will be awarded a certificate of honor, and a certificate of merit will be issued to their unit.
V. Registration method and competition funding
(1) Application form. Register by class. Please provide the paper list and electronic form when registering (please download the electronic version list in the attachment and send the electronic form to the mailbox: email@example.com). Please use the standard class name for the subject of the email. (In accordance with the curriculum).
(2) Registration time, place and teacher in charge:
Shengjing Campus: Thursday (December 26) 9: 00-11: 30, 12: 00-16: 30; lounge on the first floor of Yifu Building; teacher in charge: Teacher Wang, mobile phone: 15650573289
Yanshan Campus: Thursday (December 26) 15: 00-17: 30; 1st Floor, No. 1 Teaching Building 1361; Teacher in charge: Shan Fanghong, Tel: 88585146
Shun Geng Campus: Thursday (December 26) 13: 00-16: 30; Teacher's Lounge on the first floor of Teaching Building No. 1; Teacher in charge: Teacher Ning, Tel: 18561423159
As the registration time is relatively tight, students are requested to prepare the registration information in advance to register on time.
(3) Registration fee. The competition costs 50 yuan per person. Please pay with Alipay.
Please refer to the website of the Ministry of Public Foreign Languages for the issuance of admission tickets in mid-late March 2020.
Department of Public Foreign Language Teaching
December 25, 2019